Today I want to talk about the top five areas of your home that you can renovate in order to earn some money back when you sell your home. It's important to remember that many repairs will not earn you more money back. Below are the top five repairs for putting some value back into your home before you sell.
1. The Kitchen: Renovating your kitchen is a great way to earn some money back. Buyers love to see updated kitchens. However, if you spend more than $20,000 to repair your kitchen, you're likely not going to get all of it back.
2. The Master Bathroom: Everyone likes to have a large and luxurious master bathroom, and buyers will pay extra for this.
3. Paint: Keep your paint neutral. Earth tones are popular right now, so aim for beige, grey, forest green, and off-white.
4. New Flooring: It's unlikely that you can clean your carpets well enough to make people think that they're new. Investing in new carpeting or tiling is a great way to add value. Buyers will notice that 'new floor smell' and they'll have peace of mind.
5. Curb Appeal: When people drive by, you want to leave a great impression on the buyer. Plant flowers, trim bushes, and pull weeds. The more organized and orderly your lawn can be, the more attractive your home will look to a buyer.
These are the top five home renovations in our neck of the woods. Pay attention to these and don't be distracted by other costly repairs because they will likely just cost you money.
If you would like to learn more about this, or if you'd like to speak about real estate in our local area, please don't hesitate to contact me!