Today, we're going to discuss the seven most common questions from homeowners who are thinking about selling their home.
- What is the best time to sell my home? The best time to sell a home is when you need to move. I sell homes every month of the year. If time is not an issue, then the best time to sell is when there's very little inventory, which is usually in early spring during the months of February, March, and April.
- How is the real estate market right now? The real estate market changes on a weekly basis depending on many factors. We've been in an upward market for the last four or five years, so it is a great time to sell. The market changes every four to six years.
- What steps should I take to prepare my home for sale? Well, you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Declutter your home, paint the rooms, clean carpets, and add colorful flowers to the entryway. These are just a few of the things you can do to make your home more appealing in the eyes of buyers
- What should I disclose to potential buyers? Anything and everything you're aware of that could affect the buyer's decision should absolutely be disclosed.
- How much is my home worth? It's only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it. We can determine that by looking at what similar homes have sold for and comparing them to your property.
- How long will it take for my home to sell? That depends on how aggressive your home is priced and how extensively it is marketed. Many homes have been selling in about 10 days. If you are motivated to sell and your home is priced correctly, your home will sell quick!
- Should I price my home higher to leave room for negotiations?The answer is that well-priced homes will sell quickly and close to listing price.There is no need to leave room for negotiation. Nowadays, buyers are very well educated and know what a home is worth. If you price your home too high, you're more likely to sit on the market for awhile.
If you have any questions about today's video or about real estate in general, give me a call or send me an email. I would be happy to help you!